Well, we all know by now that the gladiator sandal is a considerable trend force this summer. Many of us are still debating their longevity, wondering if we will be able to wear them next year? Regardless, they are a fun trendy piece for summer. I think gladiator sandals in brown will be the most useful. They don't stand out too much and will be good for the boho look that comes back all the time. I think they can also be incorporated into the nautical look very easily, although maybe another color would be ideal for that. Metallics are great too, copper being a fun alternative to brown. I like silver and gold but probably wouldn't buy them, I can't see myself wearing them that much. I also like them in white, but white is seasonal and very trendy- so I have to consider that. Also I've seen a few girls in black patent gladiators, but I don't think they're as easy to utilize. And there are other colors that are fun, but you have to consider their ability to be reused once the trend ends.
Below I've picked some of my favorites using my favorite trendy website- CutesyGirl.
1. My favorite overall are these Michael Antonio Hutt Flats. They are $26.99 and come in black, red, copper, gold, silver, and white. No brown unfortunately, but I feel that the shoe isn't too hardware (buckles) heavy and has more wear ability.
2. This Wild Rose Egan01 Flat is a little more trendy with thicker straps and more hardware. I would be worried about the thick straps cutting my leg line too much and also it being re-wearable in the future, but at $9.99 thats not a huge issue. They come in yellow, orange, pink, silver, black, white, and tan.
3. This is the Classified Retag Flat which also has more hardware but thinner straps, which I prefer. For $14.99 you can get it in black, brown, copper, and white.
4. If you like a little bit of a more simple style that isn't as heavy looking and re-wearable then these Classified Lunar Flats might work well. They are only $7.99 and come in black, gold, silver, and white.
5. These are a different take on the gladiator flat and are a little more dressy. These Qupid Benefit143b Flats are on sale for $8.99 and come in gold, silver, and black.
6. If you are scared of those straps cutting off your ankle this is a great gladiator inspired look, the Steve Madden Azucar Flats in gold. They are $54.99, but they're a good brand and have much more longevity. They will definitely go beyond the gladiator trend.
7. My last pick is also a different take on the trend. They are Steve Madden Knitte Flats in Silver for $59.99. They have a little wedge heel and are light on straps and hardware, so have more wear ability. I have a similar pair of Steve Maddens in white which are great for wearing everywhere. I like having the extra height also.
So... I think the key is to buy a trendy pair of gladiators froma throw-away brand for $7-15. If you want to invest in a better brand- make sure they are gladiator inspired and have more possibilities beyond the trend. And those ones that go all the way up your leg? Just keep away!