So a look I've been really into lately is preppy, taking notes from vintage looks and school uniforms. I know with our economy its hard to buy new things, so I've found some options for getting this look for less. Many of these items might already be in your closet!
1. Cardigans. I love this Fab Stripe Trim Cardi from Forever 21. Four different choices in color for only $13.50. I love the navy blue and the touch of muted yellow.
2. Again from Forever 21, I am constantly singing the praises of these Lindsey Skinny Jeans. They are only $12.50 and fit surprisingly well. I have 4 pairs and my favorites are the dark denim (shown here) and gray (in stores only).
3. These wedge loafers from CutesyGirl are by Bamboo, a brand I have good luck with, for the low price of $9.99. They come in four different and fun color combinations.
4. These Forever 21 glasses add a girly yet studious edge. They're only $7.80.
5. I really dig these Forever 21 lucite glasses for $4.80. They remind me of some glasses my mom has from the 80s.
6. A great basic and bottom layer, this Mossimo v-neck tee in white is only $7.99 at Target. I originally bought one because it is a stand-by for modeling work, now it is my wardrobe stand-by.
I am really liking more low-key colors for fall and winter, but I think you could do this look with some brighter colors and it would be super fun. The nice thing about it is it can be really simple and minimal accessories will work well. I think some other ideas to explore would be scarves, messenger bags, and corduroy. Maybe thats another post!